Saturday, July 19, 2008

Last Post

So, this is it. The journey of a thousand gigabytes is coming to an end. It was interesting, frustrating, daunting and enlightening. Among the useful things that came away from it was the RSS feeds. What a neat thing to be able to get the news updates in one place. I may use that for my own intellectual questings later. I also thought some of the photo things looked like fun, but I do not currently own a digital camera and I always forgot to bring in my photo disks, so I did not try to upload one of my own photos to my blog. I liked Tumblr. It was so easy to access and use.
I did not really like myspace or facebook. They asked for too much information. It made me uncomfortable to put so much personal info out there. I also started receiving spam at my work e-mail after starting this project. Hindsight being 20/20, I think I would have rather have set up a new free account and ran all the connections to this training through that. Well, so much for hindsight prior to starting something.
On the happy note, I was able to explain a wiki to my mom and actually sound like I really understood it myself. She has the same disability as I do, we both knew the original Wiki, who would chase tennis balls until the human throwing them would get tired. So we both picture a small beige doggie when we hear the work Wiki!
So, all in all, this has been an interesting tour. Thanks for the opportunity!

No comments: